Audio Technica U851R Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone
The U851R cardioid condenser boundary microphone features breakthrough audio and mechanical design innovations.
The U851R offers excellent speech intelligibility and transparent sound quality for surface mount applications and is equipped with a PivotPoint rotating output connector, uniSteep filter and UniGuard RFI-shielding technology. It accepts interchangeable condenser elements - available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns. A heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads minimise coupling of surface vibration to the microphone.
The U851R is also equipped with self-contained electronics, eliminating the need for an external power module.
U851R Key Features:
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimise coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility