Audio Technica AT4080 Bidirectional Active Ribbon Microphone
The AT4080 from Audio-Technica is a professional-quality active ribbon microphone that offers a classic ribbon tone with warm, natural sound along with a robust build quality for lasting durability.
The mic has a dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity, and Audio-Technica's MicroLinear ribbon imprint technology, which protects the ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. The mic has powerful N50 neodymium magnets to produce a high output level, along with a high SPL capability and extended frequency response.
The mic is produced by hand across the stages of corrugation, imprint, and assembly. The open housing design helps to minimize internal reflections, while the superfine mesh protects the ribbons. The mic has active electronics that require phantom power, which provides a stable impedance and high output. A custom shock mount is included to provide superior isolation. The AT4080 is certified by the METAlliance and is designed to provide years of reliable operation.
- Classic ribbon tone with warm, natural sound
- Dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Figure-8 pickup pattern
- Proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint technology, which protects the ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion
- Powerful N50 neodymium magnets produce a high output level, along with a high SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Produced by hand across the stages of corrugation, imprint, and assembly
- Acoustic baffle system and extra-large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Acoustically-open housing design minimizes internal reflections
- Superfine mesh protects the ribbons
- Active electronics require phantom power, which provides a stable impedance and high output
- Custom shock mount, dust cover, and protective carrying case included
- Certified by the METAlliance
- Figure-8 Pickup Pattern
- Dual Ribbon Construction
- Warm, Natural Sound
- N50 Neodymium Magnets
- Phantom Powered
- METAlliance Certified
- Assembled by Hand