Audio-Technica U891RCx UniPoint Condenser Boundary Microphone
The U891RCx from Audio-Technica is a flexible boundary microphone designed to accurately capture audio in conference hall, boardroom and classroom installations.
The U891RCx features a half-cardioid pick up pattern, providing a generous pick up area at the surface and perimeter while eliminating structure noise and reflections off the desktop surface. The polar pattern and even frequency response results in detailed signal reproduction, regardless of the relationship between the talker and microphone positions.
A programmable membrane switch can be used to remotely control external devices such as video cameras, recorders, etc. Remote outputs are provided in addition to audio outputs. In addition to remote control, the membrane switch can be programmed for one of three internal functions. Push On / Push Off, Push to Mute and Push to Talk modes are all programmable by the user and add to the flexibility of the U891RCx.
In addition to the outstanding sonic character, the U891RCx features a heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads that minimize vibration and surface noise. A low frequency roll-off switch eliminates proximity effect noise, low frequency hum, ambiance noise and wind noise. A pivoting output connector reveals a TA5-male connection and enables flexible surface installation. A 25' TA5-female to pigtail (unterminated) cable is supplied.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, conferencing, distance learning and other demanding sound pickup situations
- An activation switch can be set to any of three operating modes: "touch-on/touch-off," "touch-to-talk" and "touch-to-mute"
- External contact closure capability permits control of remote devices from microphone switch
- External LED control allows for accurate depiction of the live status of the microphone
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicone foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Improved switch design
- Surface Mount Boundary Applications
- Unipoint Boundary Capsule
- Remote or Local Switching
- UniGuard RFI Shielding
- PivotPoint Rotating Output Connection