Vinten Quattro SE, VRI Box & Vector 430i Pan and Tilt Head System
The Quattro SE, VRI Box & Vector 430i Pan and Tilt Head System from Vinten is a compact, manually operated pedestal system with built-in encoders.
The system includes a Quattro SE Encoded Manual Pedestal, a Virtual Reality Interface (VRI) Box, and a Vector 430i Pan and Tilt Head, as well as a Telescopic Pan Bar and Clamp, a VRI Mounting Kit, and a Pan Bar Mounted PDA user interface.
The Quattro SE pedestal is a compact, manually operated pedestal with built-in encoders. It offers a combination of simplified homing and setup procedures, precise digital electronic positioning, and on-shot performance for use in virtual studios. The pedestal features an ergonomically assisted lifting column and a small doorway width.
To enable tracking, high-quality precision encoders have been integrated into the wheels and column of the Quattro SS. The pedestal also incorporates an electronic module and base processor which deliver accurate position data for all axes. This combination with the head information provides precise real-time digital electronic positioning over the floor and in elevation. A PDA is included to simplify the setup procedure and provide the configuration and the operator's user interface. This is delivered through various calibration routines, head setup, and optical axis offset input, whilst also providing the operator with enhanced functionality such as quick homing and virtual set trimming. The homing procedure has been further simplified to provide ease of operation, flexibility of direction & angle of approach, and a fast targeting option.
A cable management system is incorporated into the pedestal to prevent the cable being caught or tangled during repositioning. To simplify virtual tracking, the output from the pedestal is integrated with the Vector 430i head, and lens position is fed back into a single data channel to the rendering system of a virtual software image generator.
The Vector 430i is a pan and tilt head which has a load bearing capacity of 22 to 94.8 lb and allows semi-automatic setup & slide plate tracking. The head offers real-time digital electronic positioning of pan and tilt to allow placing the graphics into a live environment. A graphical user interface displays positional information that makes setup and calibration easy. The Vector 430i Pan and Tilt Head can be used with EFP camera setups involving virtual reality, both in outside broadcast and in studio environments.
The VRI Box processes the positional data from the head encoders. It offers direct interfacing to lenses with encoder outputs (or bolt on lens encoders), to enable single data streaming to a graphics rendering system. The VRI box comes with a head interface cable, GUI, and mounting brackets. Mounted on the Quattro SE it provides full six-axis tracking. The Quattro software enables re-configuring to give X, Y, and Z axis VR movement.
Quattro SE Pedestal
- Optimum and simplified manual adjustment capability
- Precise, real-time digital electronic positioning of floor and height movement
- PDA user interface simplifies set up in the virtual studio and provides positional feedback and calibration data
Virtual Reality Interface Box
- Used in virtual reality applications
- Processes the positional data from the head encoders
- Directly interfaces with lenses with encoder outputs (or bolt on lens encoders) to enable single data streaming to graphics rendering system
- Comes with head interface cable, GUI, and mounting brackets
- Can be re-configured from head-mounted to fixed-mounted
- Quattro SE software enables reconfiguring to give X, Y, Z, axis VR movement
Vector 430i Pan and Tilt Head
- Load bearing capacity of 22 to 94.8 lb
- Used with VRI box, offers real-time digital electronic positioning of pan and tilt to allow placing the graphics into a live environment
- Graphical user interface displays positional information to make setup and calibration easy
- Can be used with EFP camera setups involving virtual reality
- Used in virtual reality applications
- Offers Data Positioning
- Used with Large Camera Combinations
- Offers Direct Interface to Lenses
- Head Interface Cable
- Mounting Brackets / GUI