Metabones Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds T Smart Adapter
Autofocus with an Optimum Balance of Accuracy, Speed, Consistency and Reliability
Autofocus is supported subject to certain limitations (see table below for details). We are pleased to report that Panasonic Micro Four Thirds camera bodies are capable of autofocusing fast (large maximum aperture) lenses accurately. Although our first and foremost priority is accuracy, we are able to make great strides in autofocus speed as well.
Manual Focus Lens Compatibility
Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Speed Booster and cause damage to the Speed Booster and/or camera body.
Focus confirmation "chips" such as Dandelion are incompatible.
Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster. They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster. Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Speed Booster are not covered by warranty.
Features and Benefits
- Auto focus on Panasonic Mirco Four Thirds cameras
- Can be powered either by camera body or by third-party external 5V power source (not included)
- Iris/aperture controlled by the camera body.
- Image stabilization (IS) lens support
- Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
- EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
- Distance and zoom display on camcorders (requires lenses supporting distance information)
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Flocking material coating inside the opening to reduce internal reflection.
- Supports EF-S lenses.
- Build-in electronics to control lens aperture
- The lens aperture is set by the controls on the MFT camera/camcorder body e.g. GH4
- Powered by camera body. no external power source required. (also accept 3rd party external power supply via MicroUSB socket)
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads