|Type||Digital single-lens non-reflex AF/AE camera|
|Recording Media||SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
• SD speed class-compatible
• UHS speed class-compatible
• High-speed writing is supported when a UHS-I compatible SD card is used.
• Compatible with Eye-Fi cards.
• Multimedia cards (MMC) cannot be used (card error will be displayed).
|Image Format||Approx. 36.0 x 24.0mm|
|Compatible Lenses||Canon RF lens group (excluding EF, EF-S and EF-M lenses)
When using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R: Canon EF or EF-S lenses (excluding EF-M lenses)
|Lens Mount||Canon RF mount|
|Type||CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF)|
|Effective Pixels||Approx. 30.3 megapixels|
|Pixel Unit||Approx. 5.36 μm square|
|Total Pixels||Approx. 31.7 megapixels|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2 (Horizontal:Vertical)|
|Colour Filter System||RGB primary colour filters|
|Low Pass Filter||Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable|
|Dust Deletion Feature||(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
• Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
• At power of f only / Enable / Disable. Per formed automatically (taking about 3.0 sec. as
indicated on the screen) or manually (taking about 9.0 sec. as indicated on the screen).
• After manually activated cleaning, the camera will automatically restart (Power OFF to
• When [Multi Shot Noise Reduction] , [Multiple exposures] , or [HDR mode] is set, [Clean
now] and [Clean manually] cannot be selected.
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
• The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot
and appended to subsequent images.
• The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to
automatically erase the dust spots.
• Not available with EF-S lenses, in cropped shooting or when distortion correction is
(3) Manual cleaning (by hand)
|Recording Format||Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.3.
Supports time difference information in Exif 2.31.
|Image Format||JPEG, RAW (14 bit Canon original), C-RAW (Canon original)|
|File Size||3:2 Aspect Ratio
Large/RAW/C-RAW: 6720 x 4480
Medium: 4464 x 2976
Small 1: 3360 x 2240
Small 2: 2400 x 1600
Large/RAW/C-RAW: 4176 x 2784
Small 2: 2400 x 1600
4:3 Aspect Ratio
Large/RAW/C-RAW: 5952 x 4480*
Medium: 3968 x 2976
Small 1: 2976 x 2240*
Small 2: 2112 x 1600*
16:9 Aspect Ratio*
Large/RAW/C-RAW: 6720 x 3776
Medium: 4464 x 2512
Small 1: 3360 x 1888
Small 2: 2400 x 1344
1:1 Aspect Ratio
Large/RAW/C-RAW: 4480 x 4480
Medium: 2976 x 2976
Small 1: 2240 x 2240
Small 2: 1600 x 1600
• Values for Recording Pixels are rounded to the nearest 100,000 or 10,000.
• For RAW and JPEG images, information outside the cropping area is not retained.
• JPEG images are generated in the set aspect ratio.
• RAW images are generated in [3:2], and the set aspect ratio is appended.
* Indicate an inexact proportion.
|File Numbering||The following file numbers can be set:
1. File numbering methods
a. Continuous numbering
i. The numbering of captured images continues even after you replace the card.
b. Auto reset
i. When you replace the card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new SD
card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in
2. Manual reset
a. Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
|RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording||Possible|
|Colour Space||Selectable between sRGB and Adobe RGB|
|Picture Style||(1) Auto
(3) Por trait
(5) Fine Detail
(9) User Defined 1–3
• In Scene Intelligent Auto, [Auto] will be set automatically.
• [Standard] is the default set ting for [User Def. 1–3].
|Settings||(1) Auto (Ambience priority/White priority)
(5) Tungsten light
(6) White fluorescent light
(8) Custom (Custom WB)
(9) Colour temperature
* Effective also in twilight and sunset.
|Auto White Balance||Option between ambience priority and white priority settings.|
|Colour Temperature Compensation||Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
Corrected in reference to the current WB mode’s colour temperature.
|Type||OLED colour electronic viewfinder|
Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally relative to the shooting image area (with image quality L, at
|Magnification||Approx. 0.71x/33.3° (Approx. 0.76 (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1)|
|Eye Point||Approx. 23mm (at -1 m-1 from the eyepiece lens end)|
|Dioptric Adjustment Range||Approx. -4.0 to +2.0 m-1 (dpt)|
|Viewfinder Information||(1) AF point information
(2) Number of remaining multiple exposures
(3) HDR shooting
(4) Multiple-exposure shooting
(5) Dual Pixel RAW shooting
(6) Multi Shot Noise Reduction
(7) Digital Lens Optimizer
(8) AF method
(9) AF operation
(10) Drive mode
(11) Metering mode
(12) Anti-flicker shooting
(13) Shooting mode
(14) Scene icons
(15) AE lock
(17) Flash off
(18) FE lock
(19) High-speed sync
(20) Shutter speed
(21) Multi-function lock warning
(23) Lens information
(24) Exposure level indicator
(25) Exposure compensation
(26) Highlight tone priority
(27) ISO speed
(28) Possible shots
(29) Number of self-timer shooting
(30) Maximum burst
(31) Battery level
(32) Exposure simulation
(35) Still photo cropping
(36) Aspect ratio
(37) Auto Lighting Optimizer
(38) Picture Style
(39) White balance
(40) White balance correction
(41) Image Quality
(42) Bluetooth® function
(43) Wi-Fi® function
(45) Electronic level
|Type||Phase-difference detection system with image sensor (Dual Pixel CMOS AF)|
|AF Points||Max. 5,655
When selected with cross keys.
|AF Working Range||EV -6 to 18 (f/1.2, at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100, One-Shot AF)|
|Focusing Modes||(1) One-Shot AF
(2) Servo AF
(3) Manual (Manual focus)
|AF Point Selection and AF Operation||
AF points can be moved by touching the screen or using the Main Dial, Quick Control Dial or cross keys.
|AF Assist Beam||(1 ) Enable
(3) LED AF assist beam only
• Focus range with the AF-assist beam is generally no more than 13.1 ft. / 4m (at f/5.6).
|Metering Modes||Real-time metering with image sensor (384 [24x16])
(1) Evaluative metering (AF point-linked)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 6.1% of the area at the center of the screen)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 2.7% of the area at the center of the screen)
• AF point-linked spot metering not provided.
(4) Center-weighted average metering
|Metering Range||EV -3 – 20 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)|
|Exposure Control Systems||(1) Scene Intelligent Auto
(2) Flexible-priority AE
(3) Program AE (shiftable)
(4) Shutter-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
(5) Aperture-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
(6) Manual exposure
(8) Custom shooting mode C1, C2, C3
|ISO Speed Range||
• For [Highlight tone priority], the settable ISO speed range will be ISO 200 to 40000.
|Exposure Compensation|| Manual - ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
AEB - ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
|AE Lock||(1 ) Auto AE lock
• The metering mode for AE lock after focus can be customized.
(2) Manual AE lock
• In the Fv, P, Tv, Av and M modes, enabled with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.)
• Enabled in all metering modes.
|Type||Electronically controlled focal-plane shutter
(1) Electronic first curtain, mechanical second curtain
(2) Electronic shutter (slit rolling read out)
(3) Mechanical first and second curtain
|Shutter Speeds||1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (total range of all shooting modes)|
|Shutter Release||Soft-touch electromagnetic release|
|Self Timer||10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay|
|Shutter Lag Time||
With SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON
With the aperture stopped down by 3 stops or less from the open aperture.
|Flash Metering||E-TTL II autoflash|
|Flash Exposure Compensation||±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments|
|External Flash Settings||The camera can set the following with EX series Speedlites:
(1) External f lash control
• Flash firing, E-TTL II Flash metering, Slow synchro, Safety FE, Flash mode, Wireless
function, Flash zoom, Shutter synchronization and Flash exposure compensation
(2) Flash Custom Function set ting
• The set ting options for both (1) and (2) will differ depending on the Speedlite used.
|Drive Modes and Continuous Shooting Speed||
(1) Single shooting
(2)High-speed continuous shooting
• Max. approx. 8.0 fps
- The conditions are attaining the maximum continuous shooting speed are as follows:
- Shooting with a fully charged batter y in One-Shot AF mode at a 1/1000 sec. or faster
shut ter speed and maximum aperture (depending on the lens), at room temperature
(73°F/23°C), with flicker reduction, Dual Pixel RAW shooting and
Digital Lens Optimizer disabled.
- In One-Shot AF mode with Image Stabilizer off when using these lenses: EF 300mm
f/4L IS USM, EF 28–135mm f/3.5–5.6 IS USM, EF 75–300mm f/4–5.6 IS USM, EF
100–400mm f/4.5–5.6L IS USM.
- The continuous shooting speed for high-speed continuous shooting may be lower,
depending on conditions such as these: battery level, temperature, flicker reduction,
Dual Pixel RAW shooting, shutter speed, aperture, subject conditions, brightness, AF
operation, type of lens, use of f lash and shooting settings.
- The maximum continuous shooting speed may be lower when using a cold bat ter y in
cold environments or when the battery level is low, at approx. 6.0 shots/sec.
• With Servo AF: Max. approx. 5.0 fps (shooting speed priority)
[Silent LV shooting: Mode 1]
- With Servo AF, the maximum continuous shooting speed may become slower depending
on subject conditions or the lens used. Also, the maximum continuous shooting
speed will become slower when set ting the [LV silent shooting] to [Disable].
(3) Low-speed continuous shooting (Tracking priority)
• Max. approx. 3.0 fps
• With Dual Pixel RAW: Max. approx. 2 .2 fps
- High-speed continuous shooting not possible.
(4) Self-timer: 10 sec./remote control
(5) Self-timer: 2 sec./remote control
• The number of possible shots and maximum burst (standard) apply to a 32 GB card based on Canon’s
|Live View Functions|
|Shooting Modes||Still photo shooting and video shooting|
|Focusing||(1) Dual Pixel CMOS AF
(2) Manual focus
• Magnified view possible by approx. 5x or 10x for manual focusing (not possible during movie shooting).
|Metering Modes||(1) Center-weighted average metering
• Metering brightness range: EV -1 – 20 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
(2) AF point-linked evaluative metering
• For face detection with Face detection + Tracking AF.
|Metering Range||EV -4 – 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100, One-Shot AF, with 29.97 fps)|
|Grid Display||(1) Off
Video: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
• Variable (averaged) bit rate
ALL-I: Linear PCM
|Video Recording Size and Frame Rates||
• Full HD 59.94 fps not available during EF-S cropped shooting.
|Continuous Shooting Time||
• Bit rate indicates video output only, audio is not included.
|ISO Speed (Recommended Exposure Index)|
|Exposure Compensation||±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments|
|Type||TFT colour, liquid-crystal monitor|
|Monitor Size||3.15-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
3.15 in./8.01cm diagonal (2.63 in./6.67cm width, 1.75 in./4.44cm height)
|Dots||Approx. 2.10 million dots|
|Coverage||Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally|
|Brightness Control||Manually adjustable to one of seven brightness levels|
|Coating||Clear View LCD II
• Anti-smudge coating applied.
• Anti-reflection coating not applied.
|Interface Languages||29 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish,
Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai,
Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Japanese)
|Display Format||(1 ) Single-image display
• No information display
• Basic information display
• Detailed shooting information display
- Detailed information
- Lens/Histogram information
- White balance information
- Picture Style information 1
- Picture Style information 2
- Colour space/Noise reduction information
- Lens aberration correction information 1
- Lens aberration correction information 2
- Record of sent images
- GPS information
- IPTC information
Display selection is available for Basic information display and Shooting information display.
(2) Index display
• 4-image index
• 9-image index
• 36-image index
• 100-image index
|Highlight Alert||The white areas with no image data will blink.|
|Histogram||Brightness and RGB|
|Quick Control Function|
|Items||The Quick Control screen is accessed by pressing the Quick Control button during still photo shooting.|
|Image Protection and Erase|
|Protection||(1 ) Single image (select image)
(2) Select range
(3) All images in a folder
(4) All images on card
• Image browsing and image search can be based on ratings.
• Ratings-based image selections also possible with DPP.
(5) All found images (only during image search)
|Erase||Except protected images
(1) Select images to erase
(2) Select range
(3) All images in folder
(4) All images on card
(5) All found images (only during image search)
|Compatible Printers||Images can be sent via Wi-Fi® to a PictBridge-compatible (Wireless LAN) printer and printed.|
|DPOF: Digital Print Order Format|
|DPOF||Compliant to DPOF Version 1.1|
|Standards Compliance||IEEE 802.11b/g/n|
|Transmission Method||DS-SS modulation (IEEE 802.11b)
OFDM modulation (IEEE 802.11g/n)
|Transition Frequency (Central Frequency)||Frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz
Channels: 1 to 11 channels
|Connection Method||(1) Camera access point mode
(2) Infrastructure mode
|Communication with a Smartphone||Images can be viewed, controlled, and received using a smartphone.
Remote control of the camera using a smartphone is possible depending on the Camera
Images can be sent to a smartphone.
|Remote Operating Using EOS Utility||The camera can be controlled via Wi-Fi® using EOS Utility.|
| Print from Wi-Fi®
|Images can be sent to a Wi-Fi® printer compliant to PictBridge (wireless LAN).|
|Send Images to a Web Service||Still photos (JPEG) and movies (MP4) can be uploaded to a CiG (CANON iMAGE GATEWAY) album.
With the CiG service, images can be sent to social media or a photo album link can be sent (by the CiG
A link to a CiG album can be emailed.
|Standards Compliance||Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1 compliant (Bluetooth low energy technology)|
|Transmission Method||GFSK modulation|
|Custom Functions|| 22 Custom Functions are settable:
|Customisable M-Fn Bar|| Types of actions: four types (left, right, slide, press completely)
Functions that can be Assigned (Shooting)
Functions that can be Assigned (Playback)
|My Menu Registration||
My Menu tab overall operations:
My Menu tab details operations:
|USB Terminal||Equivalent to SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
• For PC communication
• For WFT-E7 (Ver. 2) connection
- Shared with terminal for in-camera charging with the USB Power Adapter PD-E1.
- In-camera charging: although it is compatible with USB Type-C (5V/1.5A) equivalent, do not charge
the camera other than with the USB Power Adapter PD-E1.
|Video Out Terminal||Type C (Resolution switches automatically) / CEC not compatible
• Images can be displayed through the HDMI output and on screen at the same time.
• Images will not be displayed unless [NTSC] or [PAL] is properly set according to the video system of the
|Extension System Terminal||3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack|
|Battery||Battery Pack LP-E6N (or LP-E6) x 1
• With the AC Adapter + DC Coupler, AC power is possible.
• When the Battery Grip BG-E22 is used, two battery packs (LP-E6N or LP-E6) can be installed.
• With the USB Power Adapter PD-E1, in-camera charging of LP-E6N is possible but LP-E6 cannot be
charged. The USB Power Adapter PD-E1 is not compatible with powering the camera.
|Number of Possible Shots (Approx. Shots)||
• Based on CIPA testing standards.
|Battery Check||Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned ON.
Displayed in 6 levels.
• Battery level can be checked on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder.
• One of six levels displayed for LP-E6N and LP-E6. The display for other power sources is different.
|Power Saving||Power turns off after the set time of non-operation elapses.
Available time options: 15 sec. / 30 sec. / 1 min. / 3 min. / 5 min. / 10 min. / 30 min.
Auto power off
Available time options: 30 sec. / 1 min. / 3 min. / 5 min. / 10 min.
Available time options: 1 min. / 3 min. / Disable
• At least approx. 6 min. until auto power off while the [Date/Time/Zone] screen is displayed.
|Date/Time Battery||Built-in secondary battery
When fully-charged, the date/time can be maintained for approx. 3 months
• Recharge time: approx. 8 hrs.
- The recharge time required to provide the above number of months with no battery pack installed.
|Start-up Time||Approx. 0.9 sec.
• Based on CIPA testing standards.
|Dimension and Weight|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 5.35 x 3.87 x 3.32 in. / 135.8 x 98.3 x 84.4mm
• Based on CIPA standards.
Approx. 5.35 x 3.87 x 2.67 in. / 135.8 x 98.3 x 67.7mm (from grip to monitor)
|Weight||Approx. 1.46 lbs. / 660g (including battery, SD memory card; without body cap)
Approx. 1.28 lbs. / 580g (body only; without battery, card or body cap)
|32–104°F / 0–40°C|
|Working Humidity Range||85% or less|