Steadicam Steadimate System with A-30 Arm & Zephyr Vest
The Steadicam Steadimate is the link between motorized gimbals, including the DJI Ronin and Freefly MVI models, and the traditional Steadicam Arm & Vest system. Together, the Steadicam System provides additional stabilization and neutrally balanced tilting, which result in smoother shots and less work for the operator.
In order to reap all the benefits from this brilliant device, there are 3 simple steps you will have to follow:
Step 1 - swap out one of the handles from your motorized gimbal and replace it with the Steadimate adapter;
Step 2 - after you have correctly mounted the adapter bracket on the handlebar, balance the Steadimate System by following the instructions provided in the manual;
Step 3 – with the balanced Steadimate now serving as the handle for your motorized gimbal, connect it to your Arm & Vest by attaching it to the arm post on the stabilizing arm.
Why put a motorized gimbal on an Arm & Vest? There are four major benefits:
- Adapting your motorized gimbal with an Arm & Vest turns your motorized gimbal into a body-worn stabilizer, meaning the operating load is taken off the arms of the operator allowing for longer durations of operating;
- Increased stability in footage, while your motorized gimbal serves to electronically stabilize the mounted camera from movement, the essential shock-absorbing nature of a Steadicam arm improves upon this initial stability;
- Effortless tilting via the pivot on the Steadimate;
- Quick interchangeable use from handheld operation to Steadicam operation.
- Provides additional stabilization
- Neutrally balanced tilting
- Results in smoother shots
- Relieves upto 25lbs of burden
- Smooths the spatial component of moves