Ewa-Marine VMW2 Underwater Housing
Underwater Housing for Sony PMW-200 or PMW-150 from Ewa-Marine
Protect your Sony camcorder underwater at depths of up to 32.8' or when snorkeling or shooting in sandy, dusty, humid, or foul weather conditions with Ewa-Marine's VMW2 Underwater Housing for the Sony PMW-200 or PMW-150 XDCAM. Made of clear, double-laminated PVC, the VMW2 supports manual control of the camcorder's menu functions via a few PVC finger pockets built into the housing's flexible skin, which allow easy access to camera functions such as power, iris, white balance and lens.
A 3.7" (95mm) integrated, optically-neutral flat glass lens port at the side of the housing attaches to the camcorder lens using Ewa-Marine's CA-adapter ring system and the supplied 77mm threaded aluminum filter ring. This ring fits camera lenses with 77mm filter thread diameters. Mount the adapter onto your front lens element and attach it to the interior of the port to hold the lens securely in place and prevent reflections or other optical disturbances between the two glass surfaces. The camera's viewfinder and monitor are both accessible at the rear of the housing.
A pair of corrosion-resistant clamping rails secures the housing to form a waterproof seal at the top via knurled thumb screws, while the camera is cushioned inside by an included foam pad, which also serves as an air reservoir. The unit can be carried by nylon webbing handles. Additional straps can be tightened around the camera to remove excess air when working near or above the water's surface. They also allow for the attachment of weights at the bottom of the housing to adjust buoyancy underwater. Since the volume of air in the housing decreases and the water-pressure increases as you descend underwater, more air is required inside the housing to balance the outside water pressure the deeper you dive.
This item also includes a carrying case with a waterproof interior and zippered side-pocket, an initial supply of CD5 drying agent to absorb moisture/condensation, and foam padding to fill empty space when shooting above water.
- Housing is closed by a pair of corrosion-resistant clamping rails, tightened via knurled thumb screws to form a waterproof seal.
- Depth rating: 32.8'.
Construction and Handling
- Manufactured from clear double-laminated PVC, to allow you to monitor the watertight seal and maintain a full view of the camcorder.
- A few integrated PVC finger pockets allow easy access to camera functions.
- Two nylon carrying straps offer an easy means of transporting the camera inside the housing.
- Additional straps allow for the attachment of optional weights at the bottom of the housing for ideal buoyancy beneath the surface.
- All essential camera controls, including auto and manual zoom, manual focus, white balance, gain, iris and other user modes are accessible through the housing's clear, flexible PVC body.
- 3.7" (95mm) integrated, optically-neutral, flat glass lens port.
- The supplied 77mm CA-adapter ring mounts onto your camera lens, fixing the front lens element to the interior of the port to ensure that the surface of the lens and that of the housing's front port are permanently parallel, thus preventing reflections or other optical disturbances between these two glass surfaces.
Viewfinder and Monitor Access
- The camera's viewfinder and monitor are both accessible at the rear of the housing.
- Yellow carrying case with a waterproof interior and zippered side-pocket.
- Initial supply of CD5 drying agent to absorb moisture/condensation.
- Foam padding to fill empty space when shooting above water.
- CA Ring with 77mm thread adapter.
- Depth Rating: 32.8'
- Clear Double-Laminated PVC Body
- Manually Controlled from Outside Housing
- Access to Camcorder Menu Functions
- Optically Neutral Flat Glass Port
- 77mm Threaded Adapter Ring for Lens
- Aluminum Closing Rails / Nylon Screws
- Nylon Handles and Strapping
- Waterproof Carrying Case Included