Formatt HiTech 4x4 ND 1.2 Drop in Filter
The Formatt HiTech 4x4 ND 1.2 Drop in Filter is a solid neutral density filter providing a 4 stop reduction in exposure.
This 1.2 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or longer shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
The design of this filter has been optimized for use with digital sensors and promote nearly flat attenuation of visible, UV, and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. This filter provides a high level of neutrality across all three spectrums in order to eliminate color casts and ensure cleaner, truer blacks.
Applied to the outside of the Schott Superwite glass construction is a 15-layer Firecrest multi-coating, which helps to minimize reflections and flare in order maintain truer colors and contrast. The multi-coating is also scratch-resistant and hydrophobic to benefit the overall durability of the filter. It measures 3.9 x 3.9" / 100 x 100mm and is 0.08" / 2mm-thick, making it compatible with the Formatt-Hitech 100mm Filter Holder.
- ND 1.2 filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 4 stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Attenuates infrared light, as well as visible and UV wavelengths, to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure lengths.
- The 15-layer Firecrest coating has been applied directly to the outside of the filter glass by way of a vacuum-formed, hard-coated, electrolytic process. The multi-coating is water- and scratch-resistance for greater overall durability.
- Schott Superwite glass promotes maintained image clarity and its 2mm-thick design is compatible with the Formatt-Hitech 100mm Filter Holder.
- 4 Stop Neutral Density Filter
- Increase Exposure Length
- Greater Control Over Exposures
- Neutral Results Across All Spectrums
- 15-Layer Coating on Outside of Filter
- Hydrophobic and Scratch-Resistant
- 2mm-Thick Schott Superwite Glass
- Fits Formatt-Hitech 100mm Filter Holder