Formatt HiTech Linear Polariser 72mm Screw in Filter
Formatt 72mm Linear Polarizer Filter - Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens.
They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast. The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Formatt filters are available in a full range of color grads, effects, corrections, neutral density and black and white filtration.
Formatt, a company with three generations of professional filter-making experience produces every filter to the highest technical standards. The finest materials, together with state of-the-art production technology have resulted in a standard of optical excellence unmatched anywhere else.
Note: Linear polarizers are used with most video and manual focus photo cameras. They are not recommended for auto-focus SLR cameras
Polarizers are Ideal When Photographing into Water or Through Glass
- Reduce glare and unwanted reflections
- Saturate colours
- Deepen blue skies
- Improved contrast
- Penetrate haze
- Made from Schott-Desag B270 Crown Optical Glass
- Absolute consistency in color and density to Kodak Wratten standards
- Precision grinding and polishing result in unbeatable optical flatness allowing use on even ultra-long focal length lenses
- Filter edges are protected with a unique frame for maximum protection and easy handling
- Makes a Blue Sky Bluer
- Enhances Clouds
- Minimizes Reflections
- High Quality Schott Glass