Tokina atx-i 11-16mm F2.8 CF Lens
Tokina is launching a new high-amateur grade line-up for DSLR cameras under atx-i series.
Leaving the honorable AT-X abbreviation, the letter “i” was newly added. “i” stands for “interactive”, implying mutual communication between photographer and the lens. This is our believe that this series will provide a tight bond between photographer and the lens in order to capture in the image that the photographer sees around.
Exterior, specifications and performance of Tokina’s popular and well acknowledged so far AT-X PRO lenses are reconsidered with the contemporary cameras in mind and launched under atx-i brand.
Designed and optimized for contemporary APS-C sensor DSLR cameras in terms of improved specifications and renovated design with still photographers and video content creators’ demands in mind.
The Tokina atx-i 11-16mm F2.8 CF features two models to fit Nikon F and Canon EF mounts.
Ultra wide angle zoom lens for APS-C sensor DLSR cameras. It is the only f/2.8 fast ultra wide angle zoom lens for APS-C sized DSLR cameras in the current market.
The useful 11-16mm focal length is chosen in order to position this lens as a easy demanded gear after standard zoom lenses or initial wide angle zoom lens to start with.
A constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the entire zoom range is realized to achieve great results in low light situations, for depth of field control and easy manual shooting, while maintaining a reasonable size and weight of the lens.
To achieve an exceptional optical performance demanded for ultra wide angle zoom lens in still and video shooting purposes, two aspherical glass elements and two Super-Low Dispersion glass elements were used in order to minimize distortion, manage spherical aberration and astigmatism while achieving excellent edge-to edge resolution and contrast of the entire image.
Great efforts were done to control light fall-off at all focal lengths. Anti-reflective multi-layer coating improves light transmission and minimizes reflections while water-repellent coating makes wiping and cleaning the surface of the front glass element easier.
- Ultra-wide 11-16mm focal length
- Ideal for shooting landscapes, interiors, nightscapes, and group shots
- Constant maximum aperture of f/2.8
- Great performance in low light shooting, exceptional depth of field control and easy manual management.
- Excellent optical performance
- Edge-to-edge sharpness, reduced flares and ghosting, excellent contrast.
- Internal Focus No problems with lens balancing and using graduated or polarizing filters.
- Water-repellent coating NEW Easy to wipe and maintain the front element clean
- One-touch Focus Clutch mechanism
- Easy AF/MF switching without interruption of the shooting process
- Greatly balanced cost performance
- Reasonable pricing compared to high level of performance