SLR Magic HyperPrime 1021MFT Lens & ND Variable Filter Kit
This SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 HyperPrime Cine Lens with 77mm Variable ND Kit provides you with a variable neutral density filter for greater exposure control when capturing your footage.
Advantages of a variable ND over a set of NDs include being able to make minute adjustments in increments of less than a 1/3rd of a stop as well as making quicker adjustments than having to swap out different filters.
SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 Hyperprime Cine Lens (MFT Mount)
Joining the other MFT mount SLR Magic Hyperprimes is the 10mm T2.1 Hyperprime Cine Lens. Designed specifically for use with MFT mount cameras with Four Thirds sized sensors the lens strikes a useful balance between size, form, and function. The 10mm lens features sharp images exhibiting little corner and edge distortion, even when the iris is at its maximum opening of T2.1.
The lens' Cine designation refers to the geared focus and iris rings, which feature 0.8 pitch teeth for compatibility with film style follow focus units. The clickless iris ring allows you to adjust the aperture during the shot for smooth iris pulls. The front of the lens does not rotate as you change focus, and is threaded to accept threaded 77mm filters or filter rings.
The lens has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 20mm on a standard Four Thirds camera.
- The front element does not rotate as you change focus of the lens, it also does not protrude beyond the front lens threading, allowing you to attach filters to the fornt of your lens.
- The clickless iris allows you to smoothly adjust your exposure during the shot.
- Built-in iris and focus gears follow industry standards, allowing you to work with optional follow focus units and lens gear motors.
SLR Magic 77mm Variable Neutral Density 0.4 to 1.8 Filter (1.3 to 6 Stops)
The SLR Magic 77mm Variable Neutral Density 0.4 to 1.8 Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter that is designed to mount onto lenses with 77mm front filter threads and provides an exposure reduction of 1.3 to 6 stops. The 0.4 to 1.8 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, helping you to predetermine the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is visually demarcated with numbers representing different density values and includes a rotation lever to further help enable fast and precise positioning of the front ring.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity. It is multicoated to prevent internal ghosting as well as reflections and also features an 86mm mount which helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 0.4 to 1.8 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 1.3 to 6 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Offers increased flexibility to use specific ISO settings or ISO films under bright ambient light.
- Provides increased exposure flexibility while using cinema or video cameras within a designated film frame rate.
- Multicoated, optical glass for clarity and color fidelity as well as the prevention of internal ghosting and reflections.
- Side lever allows the filter glass to be easily rotated.
- 86mm front mount helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting with wide-angle lenses.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport.
- Covers Micro Four Thirds Format
- Micro Four Thirds - Lens Mount
- T2.1 to T16 Aperture Range
- Geared Focus and Aperture Rings
- Clickless Aperture Ring
- Lens Front Doesn't Rotate During Focus
- Includes Variable ND from 2.3 to 6 Stops