Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
Weighing in at just 6.4 lb, this lens is incredibly portable for glass of its size.
The weight of the lens is also redistributed to the back where it would sit over a monopod, making tracking subjects and panning easier.
Complementing that is Sony's XD Linear Motor auto-focus system, which quickly and quietly tracks subjects across the frame even while shooting at high speeds. Furthermore, Optical SteadyShot can combine with in-body stabilisation to provide 5-axis stabilisation.
Video shooters will also be pleased to find power focus functionality, which provides smooth, even focus while shooting movies.
The magnesium-alloy body of this lens is also weather sealed to protect against dirt, dust, and moisture while shooting in adverse conditions. A tripod collar can be rotated around the lens to provide maximum functionality with tripods or monopods.
- Super telephoto prime lens is designed for full-frame sensors, but it can work with APS-C sized sensors where it provides an equivalent focal length of 600mm
- Fast 2.8 maximum aperture provides great depth of field control and allows for better low-light performance
- Three fluorite elements help reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased quality and color accuracy
- Nano AR Coating reduces flare and ghosting, which provides increased better clarity and contrast
- XD Linear Motor System quietly and quickly focuses on fast-moving subjects while shooting at high speeds
- Optical SteadyShot Stabilisation provides 5-axis image stabilisation when paired with a camera that features in-body image stabilisation
- Weight distribution is balanced toward the back of the lens, making it easier to pan and track moving subjects
- Magnesium alloy, G Master lens is protected against dust, dirt, and moisture throughout its weather-sealed design
- Power Focus functionality for smooth focus during video recording
- A rounded, 11-blade diaphragm provides silky smooth bokeh
- Compatible with 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters