Sony MEAD-SD02 SD Card Adaptor for XDCAM Series
Expanding media choice for XDCAM EX family
Sony's innovative XDCAM EX professional product range is specifically designed to exploit the ultimate high speed performance and reliability of SxS PRO and SxS-1 media. However, SxS media is a professional format and not available from retail outlets, so in situations in the field where additional media is required or for cost-conscious users, where this ultimate performance is less important, Sony have developed the MEAD-SD02 adaptor (replacing the MEAD-SD01), to enable the use of consumer SD Card media.
The MEAD-SD02 adaptor is the same shape as SxS memory cards so as to fit within the media slots on XDCAM EX camcorders, with no protrusions, allowing the media cover to be in place during shooting. The adaptor can accept one SDHC or SDXC Card, which simply slots inside.
Please note, it is not recommended to utilise the Slow Motion recording function due to speed limitations of SD Card media. The nature of the adaptor and SD Card media will also mean slightly less reliability than SxS media – caution should be exercised when turning off XDCAM EX hardware during recording. XDCAM EX hardware might need a firmware upgrade to use MEAD-SD02 – please see specifications for more information.
- Designed for XDCAM EX - The MEAD-SD02 has been specifically developed by Sony to operate with XDCAM EX hardware and recommended Class 10 SDHC SD Cards like Sony SD cards of the UX series (SF-16UX, SF-32UX), or SDXC Cards of UHS speed class 1.
- ExpressCard form factor - The MEAD-SD02 adaptor has the shape of ExpressCard/34 so it can be slotted into the ExpressCard slot of XDCAM EX equipment and other ExpressCard compatible hardware, such as a Windows PC or Mac.
- PC Compatible - SD Card media recorded with MEAD-SD02 by XDCAM EX hardware works on a PC without any need for drivers. Folders and files of XDCAM EX are shown in the NLE operation window or in Clip Browser in the same way as with SxS media.PXU-MS240 Compatible - The PXU-MS240 240GB HDD back up unit for SxS media is fully compatible with the MEAD-SD02 adaptor – simply slot the adaptor with SD Card into the PXU-MS240 unit to record content onto the MS240's hard drive.
- PMW-EX1, PMW-EX30: Ver1.20 or later
- PMW-EX3, PMW-10MD: Ver1.10 or later
- PMW-EX1R, PMW-350: Ver1.10 or later
- PMW-F3, PMW-100, PMW-150, PMW-200
- This adaptor cannot be used with the SBAC-US10.
- The above devices support only SDHC media.
- Operation is not guaranteed for SDXC media.