Panasonic have announced their latest 4k camera at NAB in Las Vegas.
The AG-DVX200 is a 4/3", fixed lens, 4K camcorder with Leica Dicomar 13 x zoom lens, 4k/60pl large format MOS sensor, 12 stops latitude and 4k/60p recording in SD card. Delivering a shallow depth of field and a wide field of view, the DVX200 is the ideal companion camera to the company’s ground-breaking VariCam 35 4K camera/recorder. With an integrated lens design, the DVX200 will excel in independent film and documentary production, as well as event videography.
New AG-DVX200 Features:
- Optimised for 4K/HD production
- V-Log curve emulating the natural grey-scale rendition of the VariCam 35
- 4/3” large-format MOS sensor
- Frame rate recording up to 120fps in FHD mode
- Fixed, newly-designed Leica Dicomar 4K F2.8~F4.5 zoom lens (4K/24p: 29.5 mm ~ 384.9 mm, HD: 28 mm ~ 365.3mm, 35 mm equivalent)
- time-code in/out
- 3G HD-SDI and HDMI 2.0 (4K) video outs
- easy focus and zooming
- programmable user buttons
- Will record 4K (4096 × 2160) / 24p, UHD (3840 × 2160) / HD (1920 × 1080) 60p / 50p / 30p / 25p / 24p in either MP4 / MOV file formats
- Two SD card** slots, facilitating backup and relay recording
- Master frame rate is selectable between 59.94Hz (23.98Hz) / 50.00Hz / 24.00Hz
- Three manual operation lens rings—13x zoom (Cam driven), focus and iris - will provide a comfortable manual control similar to an interchangeable lens camera, but without the need for actual lens changes.
- Zoom control on the handle
- enhanced Image Stabilizer, including a five-axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer and 4x correction-area Image Stabilizer
- micro-drive focus unit that improves focus speed, tracking and capture performance