Sony PXW-X500 & PXW-X400 - Firmware Updates
We are pleased to announce today’s official new firmware release versions for the Sony PXW-X500 & PXW-X400 XDCAM shoulder camcorders. Both models are sharing the same new features, they will evolve along with the PXW-Z450 World’s first 2/3’’ 4K shoulder camcorder.
NEW Features shared by the PXW-X500 V5.00, PXW-X400 V3.00 and PXW-Z450 with ex. factory firmware:
USB 3.0 Host is now supported
- Clips recorded on SxS Memory cards can be copied to a storage or USB media directly connected to the camcorder USB 3.0 interface
- Benefits: Faster workflows in the field, no more laptop required to copy or backup content to an external drive.
Partial High Res clip transfer
- The free “Content Brower Mobile” app. V2.4 for Android /iOS allows users to specify Mark In/Out time codes points of the High Resolution files recorded on SxS cards before ftp or Cloud upload.
- Benefits: Saves time and data upload volume in the field , user only sends the relevant content to be pushed to the station ftp server for later editing and playout.
New Full HD Proxy recording formats added
- HD/SD Auto , 1920 x 1080 50i or 1280 x 720 50p proxy files (following the camcorder output format) can be recorded in 9Mbps or 6Mbps in the SD Proxy card.
- Benefits: Better integration in HD workflows , Full HD interlaced Proxy files can be played straight On Air without visible progressive strobe effect.
Added Streaming Formats added
- 0.3Mbps and 0.2MbpsLow streaming bit rate can be selected.
- Benefits: Lower streaming bit rate are available in constraint bandwidth for BGAN (Broadband Global Area Network)Inmarsat satellite transmission.
Added User menu items
- Items such as scene files have been added in the File menu > User menu load and save .
- Benefits: More user freedom and flexibility in camcorder setup configuration.’