NewTek VS-100 TalkShow Video Calling System
Some of the most compelling, sharable moments in a live program take place outside of the studio. Having them makes your production look better, your audience gets greater perspective, and you gain more credibility.
It used to take a lot of coordination, expense, and equipment to capture these conversations live with satellite feeds or microwave relays-or else it took piecing together a homegrown, desktop chat solution that left everyone wondering whether the call would hold up.
Be ready for a live shot with anyone-around the world, anytime-directly from your studio or live production.
NewTek TalkShow VS-100 is the studio-grade solution to immediately add live interviews, perspective, credibility, and distinct competitive advantage to your program by easily incorporating 300 million monthly connected Skype users as guest speakers without the expense and effort of a live shot. Any video-enabled Skype user is just a call away.
Production - With in-studio control of full-frame Skype video optimized for your workflow, along with picture adjustment, audio enhancement and no interruptions from other callers, the NewTek TalkShow system takes up just 1RU and sends a pre-enhanced Skype call directly into the production switcher over SDI
Remote Site - Remote callers—anyone using the free Skype software on a laptop, desktop, mobile device, video conference system, even a smart TV or Xbox game console with Skype installed—can interact with you over IP from wherever the action is, without elaborate gear required or intimidating equipment in their faces. And without anyone having to coordinate travel, studio time, and a satellite feed to make it happen.
Anywhere in the World - Add the 300 million current active Skype participants, growing all the time (and expandable to anyone online who can download the free app), and you’ll always have immediate access to fresh, global, authoritative content—and immediately engage the right expert from around the world, anytime.
TalkShow is a 1RU integrated hardware and software system that includes:
- Skype TX software
- 2 channels (1 in, 1 out) HD-SDI I/O
- Professional XLR and SDI-embedded audio
- Call management and control interface
And is the only video calling production system to add:
- Full-bandwidth call recording
- Pro audio tools, auto color and proc amp controls
- Video over IP via TriCaster™; audio over IP via Dante™
- Built-in video preview display and tally support
TalkShow in your workflow. It’s a natural fit - One of the best things about TalkShow is how easily it fits in to any broadcast studio, control room or live production environment. Producers and engineers will like:
- The simplicity of 1RU rack mount equipment integration.
- The instant familiarity with Skype software and integrated production tools for improving video/audio quality.
- The ability to offload Skype calls from existing laptops with other applications, OS, firewall, and IT software that can interfere with airing video calls.
- The ability to transmit Skype calls when its not safe to have truck masts up.
The innovative reputation NewTek have earned for delivering the most-complete multi-camera production systems on the planet now extends to TalkShow, enabling television studios and live event producers everywhere to reach millions of monthly connected Skype users.
- TalkShow eliminates extraneous field equipment and costs, removing the requirement for a remote ENG client or field unit in order to send a live feed back to the studio; commonly available consumer Skype software is all the guest or remote correspondent requires.
- With NewTek TalkShow, Skype video calls are augmented with our renowned image processing system—based on the same powerful graphics engine utilized in our TriCaster and 3Play production solutions—to provide video enhancements over common Skype calls.
- No additional bolt-on networking appliances are required to route calls into a live program; TalkShow is compatible with any in-house Ethernet network with 1.2 Mbps bandwidth for High Definition calling and plugs directly into any HD-SDI production switcher, giving full control of call, video, and audio to the in-studio operator.
- In NewTek TriCaster or 3Play environments, the hardware connection is not even required—calls can be routed from TalkShow into one of the network inputs of TriCaster or 3Play, reserving the SDI connection for other production sources.