X-Rite ColorChecker Classic Card
Designed to deliver true-to-life colour reproduction
The ColorChecker Classic target is designed to deliver true-to-life color reproduction so photographers and filmmakers can predict and control how colour will look under any illumination. Each of the 24 colours represents the actual colour of natural objects and reflects light just like its real-world counterpart.
The ColorChecker Classic target is an array of 24 scientifically prepared natural, chromatic, primary and grayscale coloured squares in a wide range of colours. Many of the squares represent natural objects, such as human skin, foliage and blue sky. Since they exemplify the colour of their counterparts and reflect light the same way in all parts of the visible spectrum, the squares will match the colours of representative samples of natural objects under any illumination, and with any colour reproduction process. Each solid patch is formulated individually to produce a pure, flat, rich colour.
The ColorChecker Classic can be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Digital Photography: Create camera profiles, check images, correct white balance and perform color correction
- Film Photography: Check films, lights, filters and paper
- Filmmaking: Use for colour grading; check cameras and lights
- Graphic Arts: Check any printing or proofing process
- Other industry applications