Sennheiser MKH 8050 Super-Cardioid Microphone
Versatile super-cardioid microphone
Super-cardioid microphone. Perfect for recording soloists, large instruments like the grand piano but also orchestras. Balanced frequency response within the pick-up pattern. Absolute acoustical separation of instruments.
Thanks to its super-cardioid pick-up pattern the MKH 8050 offers an even higher attenuation of off-axis sound, than its sister model MKH 8040. Thus, it is a perfect choice for recording soloists, and when absolute acoustical separation is demanded.
Its balanced frequency response throughout the whole pick-up pattern ensured that large instruments like the grand piano but also orchestras sound musically flawless and free of distortion. The Nextel® coating of the MKH 8050 prevents reflections, giving you the freedom to position the microphone according to acoustic criteria alone.
- Super-cardioid pick-up pattern
- Modular Design
- Wide frequency response: 30 – 50,000 Hz
- Extremely low distortion
- Extremely low inherent self-noise
- Balanced frequency response within the pick-up pattern
- Very even directional diagram
- Non-reflective Nextel® coating
- Optimum separation of instruments
- Timbrally identical with the other 8000-series microphones for optimum aural compatibility