Sennheiser SKM AVX-835 Handheld Transmitter
Transmitter for the AVX digital wireless microphone system
The SKM AVX-835 is the handheld transmitter for the AVX digital wireless microphone system. The robust dynamic directional microphone reduces background noise in loud environments. It is the ideal choice for street interviews.
The SKM AVX-835 handheld transmitter for the AVX system and features self configuring digital transmission which eliminates time-consuming radio frequency setup. The AVX matches perfectly to your camera's input sensitivity without having to adjust the audio level on the microphone.
- Very fast setup
- Switches on/off by P48 Phantom power
- Optimized dynamic range
- Auto frequency management
- AES 256 encryption
- License free
- Metal housing
- Q. What’s so unique with AVX?
- A. The ease of use of the system, you don’t have to configure anything and you don’t need to know about RF and audio engineering. The form factor of the receiver is unique and suits cameras. "Bodypack receivers are made for human bodies, not for camera bodies."
- Q. What is special about the MMD 42-1 capsule?
- A. An omni capsule (MMD 42-1) is a often used tool for interview situations. It helps capturing the sound well even when the microphone is not pointing directly to the person being interviewed.
- Q. Which lavalier mics are compatible to AVX
- A. Please refer to AVX accessory list.
- Q. Is the output level adjustable?
- A. The AF output is adjustable in 10dB steps for 0, -10, -20 & -30 dBu
- Q. What’s the audio quality and the latency?
- A. AVX provides high-quality digital audio transmission with 24 bit/48 kHz sampling. The latency is 19 ms. Speaking in video terms, it’s way less than one frame, thus audio and video are in sync.
- Q. How can I charge the battery of AVX transmitter and receiver?
- A. Charging is easy with the delivery included standard USB-charger or notebook or juice pack etc.
- Q. What’s the battery lifetime?
- A. The transmitters last at least 10 hours, the receiver about 5 hours. BUT: AVX uses adaptive RF power switching. Additionally, it detects phantom power and switches off once the camera is switched off, that saves a lot of power and it will last for the full production day. We’re using Lithium rechargeable batteries with Micro USB connectors. You also can use juice packs such as for your cell phone and charge the receiver during operation.
- Q. Which RF band is used for AVX, do I need a license?
- A. AVX uses the 1.9 GHz band which is license-free, protected, interference-free and future-proof. This band is less crowded than other digital bands and will also be available in the future.
- Q. How many AVX devices can work in the same environment?
- A. We suggest for the use in EU max 12 AVX channels, for the US 8 AVX channels. The only other system in that frequency range are cordless telephones.
- Q. How does the transmitter know to switch the frequency?
- A. The receiver measures the quality of transmission and initiates seamless switching to another channel for receiver and transmitter.
- Q. Can I use multiple receivers with the same transmitter?
- A. No, it's a point to point link only.
- Q. Can I use multiple transmitters with one receiver?
- A. No, it's a point to point link only.
- Q. Can I use AVX all over the world?
- A. AVX uses a global standard in 1.9 GHz. However, there are slightly different bands for different areas of the world. The U.S. version for example also can be used in Canada and most countries in Latin America. Please check with your dealer for specific information.
- Q. How far is the reach of the AVX system?
- A. In typical video application appr. 30 meters, but direct line of sight much more.
- Q. What is the output power?
- A. The AVX system is constantly checking the received signal strength of its paired device and adjusts the RF output power if needed to maximize the battery lifetime.
- Q. Is the transimission encrypted?
- A. Yes, AVX uses AES 256 bit encryption.
- Q. What if I don’t have an XLR input?
- A. There is a XLR to mini jack adapter for the receiver included, as well as adaptors for camera shoe-mounting and a strap-clip.
- Q. Does AVX replace Sennheiser’s ew-G3?
- A. No. AVX has a different target group compared to ewG3 –p. G3 offers more options and flexibility for the professional user with audio and RF background, AVX is for the self-contained videographer who needs to focus on capturing a story.