Shape ALPCAGEROD Cage with 15mm LWS Baseplate and Top Handle for Sony A7II, A7SII & A7RII
Designed specifically for the ‘Mark II’ Sony Alpha 7 cameras
Designed specifically for the ‘Mark II’ Sony Alpha 7 cameras – the A7II, A7SII & A7RII – Shape’s cage offers the basis for protecting and rigging the camera.
Produced almost entirely from CNC machined aluminium, the cage is solid yet light, maintaining the compact form of the camera whilst providing the basis for rigging and mounting accessories.
The left side of the cage features an array of 1/4-20 threads, while the top has both 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads. Further 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads are located on the top handle.
Featuring Shape’s push-button system, the top handle offers a convenient solution for low shots, or for simply picking the camera up. When the spring-loaded red button is pressed, it dis-engages the lock, allowing the handle to freely rotate. This allows the top handle to change position in a matter of seconds. Users can also mount Sony’s XLR-K2M audio module to the hot shoe on the camera, without the top handle getting in the way.
For situations where it’s important to have the smallest possible footprint, the top handle is removable from the rest of the cage. When removed, it unveils a cold shoe adaptor, allowing accessories such as an LED light to be mounted directly to the cage.
Fixed-height 15mm rods have been set to match the optical centre of the camera sensor, meaning professional mattebox’s can be used without issue. The rods clamp to the baseplate using a single wing-nut for fast and easy repositioning.
The camera attaches to the cage using a single 1/4-20 thread and has been so the front of the camera body sits flush with the cage, meaning rotation or twisting is not an issue. Additionally, for customers using a Metabones lens adaptor, a further 1/4-20 thread is integrated in the cage’s base for screwing to the bottom of the adaptor. The camera and cage combination can be quickly removed from the 15mm LWS baseplate using Shape’s quick-release system.
With the cage being designed from scratch for the Alpha ‘Mark II’ cameras, Shape have been able to ensure operability of the camera is not affected – from pushing buttons, to changing lenses and swapping batteries. Holes are also left for the various ports on the camera’s left side, including the HDMI connector. HDMI cable protection is offered in the form of an adjustable clamp.
For users operating entirely handheld, contours have been built into the cage, continuing the shape and positioning of those on the grip of the camera itself. This gives users a larger surface area in which to hold the camera.
- Bespoke design for Sony A7II, A7SII & A7RII
- Innovative cage design mitigates rotation and twisting of camera body within cage
- Integrated bracket support for Metabones lens adaptor
- Built-in quick-release system, fast and easy to remove camera and cage from LWS
- Multiple 1/4-20 & 3/8-16 threaded holes for accessory mounting
- Cage matches the contours of the grip on the camera
- Convenient top handle with Shape’s push-button system
- Top handle is removable from the cage when small footprint is required
- With top handle removed, a cold shoe connector is usable on the cage
- Fully-compatible with Sony’s XLR-K2M audio module, even with top handle installed
- 15mm rods set for optical centre height of camera sensor
- Single wing-nut operation of the 15mm rod clamp
- Fully-accessible ports and controls including lens release button and battery door
- Adjustable HDMI cable protection clamp
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this product yet.