Shape Sony FS5 Baseplate Kit
Built small and lightweight, this baseplate is a perfect solution for the Sony FS5 & FS5K cameras
SHAPE designed a baseplate that would fit with all the key features of the Sony FS5 & FS5K cameras. Built small and lightweight, this baseplate is a perfect solution for this camera.
Included with the baseplate; one (1) ¼-20 and one (1) 3/8-16 captive screw to secure the camera’s position in translation and rotation so it won’t move.
At the top of the baseplate there are rubber pads so that the camera doesn’t sit directly on the aluminum. The baseplate fits 15mm standard rods, and the rods are secured with a red ratchet knob screw. On the side, you have ¼-20 threaded holes for mounting options.
Under the baseplate, we added four (4) ¼-20 and two (2) 3/8-16 threaded holes that allow you to attach a tripod plate. To reduce the weight of the baseplate, we removed excess aluminium from the bottom of the plate during the machining process.
Shape have also designed a removable support bracket for a Metabones® adapter (FS5MA) that can be added on the baseplate to support the weight and remove stress to the camera lens mount. Fixed with 2 screws in front of the baseplate, it can be removed when not needed. For a precise positioning, we designed the bracket with a 3mm vertical adjustment to make sure it’s well positioned for the best support.
For the top of the camera, Shape designed a two-part top plate. The plates include ¼-20 and 3/8-16 threaded holes for accessory attachment.
Shape have also designed a screen mount adapter with a rod clamp so you can adjust the SONY LCD screen closer or farther away, according to your viewing needs. You can place the screen in front, behind, at the left of the right of the camera. The rod clamp can be rotated 90 degrees for other rigging options.
An additional rod clamp with a rod is included with the top plates and can be installed on the other side of the camera to attach other accessories. The distance between the 2 rod clamps is standard 15mm and the rods are positioned for the optical center of the camera.
Shape created the top plates to provide an easy access to the sensor reference pin. It’s very lightweight (70 g). Another feature of the top plate is that it can be installed on one side only if required as it comes in parts separated parts. The top plate includes 15mm 8 inches rods.
With the success of the Remote Extension for the Sony FS7, Shape designed a similar solution adapted for the handle of the FS5. The handle is fixed with a SHAPE Standard ARRI rosette that you install on the camera. The handle is then secured with a ratchet knob screw on the rosette. The remote extension handle includes our patented red push button technology that allows the handle a 360 degrees of rotation. The simplest way to adjust a handle! With a press of your thumb, you can adjust the angle of the handle; this will make your work easier. The length of the arm is 14cm (5 5/8”) and the adjustment length is 5 cm (2”). The Sony handle is fixed on the extension arm with the same mechanism used to install the handle on the camera.
It’s perfect for drone and gimbal application, and it’s designed with lightweight system for mounting any standard 15 mm accessories.
- 1/4-20 treaded holes for side mounting on the baseplate (FS5BASE)
- 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 captive screw to secure the camera position for both rotation and translation
- 4x 1/4-20 and 2x 3/8 holes under the baseplate for tripod connection
- Rods are positioned to reach optical center
- Rubber pads on top of the baseaplate to cushion camera base
- Removable bracket for METABONES® adaptor can be installed (FS5MA, not included)
- 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threaded holes are available on the top plates for accessory attachment
- Rod on top plates is equipped with a Sony screen mount adaptor to install the screen
- Rod clamp attached to the top plate can be rotated 90 degrees for additional rigging options
- Additional rod clamp can be added on the right side of the camera for other accessory options
- Top plates can be installed on one side only if required
- Perfect for drone and gimbal application, designed with a lightweight system for mounting any standard 15 mm accessories
- Includes the Remote extension handle (FS5RH) with our patent red push button with 360 degrees of rotation for several positioning options
- Knob screw to adjust the arm length
- The SONY handle is fixed on the extension arm with a indexable lever screw
- Adjustment length up to 5 cm (2 inches)
- Fixed on the camera with an ARRI rosette (included with the extension arm)
- Easy to install and adjust, no tools required after the installation
- CNC aluminum