Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 650
Connect a Demanding Graphics or PCIe Card to a Thunderbolt 3 Mac or PC
Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway™ Boxes are a family of Thunderbolt™ 3 to PCIe card expansion solutions that support any Thunderbolt compatible PCIe card, but are designed specifically for bandwidth-intensive AMD and NVIDIA® graphic video cards. The eGFX Breakaway Box 650 features two 8-pin (6+2 pin) auxiliary power connectors; supports cards requiring 375W of continuous power plus an additional 100W peak power (equivalent to 750W recommended system power); and provides 87W of upstream power, useful for charging your notebook. AMD approved for the air-cooled editions of the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64, Vega Frontier Edition, and Radeon Pro WX 9100, this model was designed and qualified to also support overclocked NVIDIA cards with high peak power requirements. Depending on your OS, there's a graphics card suitable for your needs.
Ready for Work and Always Game to Play – eGFX Breakaway Box, the Coolest and Quietest eGFX Graphics Card Box on the Market
The coolest and quietest graphics card expansion systems on the market, eGFX Breakaway Boxes feature a large variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan that quietly and effectively cools the installed card – perfect for noise-sensitive environments. For professionals, the Breakaway harnesses the computational engine in today’s GPU cards that are accelerate special effects, animation, color grading, rendering, and editing. For gamers, the Breakaway Box is ideal for enabling graphic-intensive gaming on computers (such as thin/light notebooks) that otherwise would not be able to produce an acceptable gaming experience. Additionally, the eGFX Breakaway Box supports graphics cards with 120mm water block coolers. Water block coolers run quieter than active fans; plus water block coolers enable higher overclocking.
Eco-friendly Thunderbolt 3 Power Features
Thunderbolt 3 provides eco-friendly power features to help save power and energy when your computer is not in use. Sonnet's eGFX Breakaway Box, like all Thunderbolt devices, powers on when connected via a Thunderbolt cable to a live Thunderbolt computer. This features allows the Breakaway Box to power down and save energy when the computer is shut down, disconnected, or put to sleep. As a bonus, the device still provides power to charge most computers even when the computer is sleeping. Thunderbolt 3 Power Delivery (PD) allows devices to power and charge notebook computers. The eGFX Breakaway Box 650 provides 87W of upstream power, useful for quickly charging your notebook.
- Power Supply: 650 power supply (equivalent to 750W recommended system power)
- Power Connector: Two 8-pin (6+2 pin) power connectors
- Card Power Support: Supports up to 375W card that also requires up to an additional 100W of peak power
- Notebook Charging: Charging up to 87W
- AMD Approved - for the air-cooled editions of the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64, Vega Frontier Edition, and Radeon Pro WX 9100
NVIDIA Qualified - designed and qualified to support overclocked NVIDIA cards with high peak power requirements
- One x16 PCIe 3.0 slot with support for one full-length, full-height, double-width PCIe card (occupied with a bundled graphics card in some editions)
- One Thunderbolt 3 port
- Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) interface – ensures full 2750 MBs/ of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card (see product page Tech Note 2 for details on limitations)
- Quiet, temperature-controlled fan
- 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 cable
- Eco-friendly power features
- Thunderbolt certified
- 1-year warranty
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this product yet.