Steadicam Zephyr Camera Rig Kit
Style, functionality, flexibility and affordability
The Zephyr incorporates the same revolutionary features that previously won the coveted DV Professional Association’s “Best of Show” at NAB for Steadicam.
Style, functionality,flexibility and affordability all wrapped within the new Steadicam Zephyr. A combination of innovative features derived from our popular PILOT, FLYER, and Archer 2 Steadicam systems now allows an excel in the range of operating possibilities,” said Frank Rush, Steadicam VP and General Manager, at The Tiffen Company.
A new innovative approach to camera stabilizer design, the Steadicam Zephyr has a host of “future proof” features that allow it to be a versatile and an ever-evolving essential tool for camera stabilization needs.
The new Zephyr vest design incorporates adjustable and pivoting shoulder buckles to assure a new comfort level for extended use.
New vest and pad covers are easily removed for cleaning or replacement offering extended durability.
The new tools-free patented Iso-Elastic™ stabilizer Zephyr Arm has been upgraded from the Steadicam FLYER and supports 23lbs (10.4kg) of payload weight. The no-tools Arm /Vest interface allows for quick customization to the individual operator. “On the fly” weight adjustment frees the operator from dismounting the system to make changes. The open design of the arm has freedom of movement unknown in this weight class. The Zephyr adjustable and interchangeable arm post assembly is a feature usually found on more expensive systems.
The new Steadicam Zephyr comes standard with a 7”, 16:9/4:3 composite NTSC/PAL LCD monitor , or optional 7” 16:9/4:3 HD/composite LCD monitor that features enhanced image quality and a wide viewing angle, even under bright sunlight making it ideal for field production use. Input configurations include: Analog NTSC/PAL Composite/S-Video/Component/RGB and HD/SDSDI (SMPTE-274M, 296M, 260M, 125M) with active loop through.
The Zephyr camera mounting stage was designed for enhanced mounting stability with standard HD and composite BNC video connectors, 2 x standard 3-pin LEMO power connectors and expandability ports for future accessories. The stage comes complete with a dual axis vernier adjustable mounting platform and extended camera mounting dovetail plate.
The Zephyr Sled Base features extendable rigid aluminum monitor and battery mounting rods, easily removable for compact storage or transport. A single mounting rod release allows for quick set-ups and ease of dynamic and inertial adjustments.
- 9 to 23lbs.(4 to 10.4kg) net camera weight
- Adjustable Iso-Elastic Arm™
- Telescopic carbon fiber post
- Connector rich base and stage
- Dual axis vernier adjustable stage
- Unparalleled Inertial control and dynamically adjustable base
- Tilting and rotationally indexed monitor mount
- Inertial control and adjustability via standard Steadicam Merlin type balance weights
- Balance control via standard ¼-20 mounting hole at the base of the sled and additional balance weights
- Standard dovetail base for mounting of future options or accessories
- Standard HD BNC video connectors
- Standard 3-pin LEMO power connectors for additional power output or input via optional 2nd battery mount
- Optional 2nd battery mount for parallel 12V capability or 24V capability
- Anton Bauer or V-lock battery compatible
- Telescopic, indexed carbon fiber main post with internal safety line
- No tools post clamp
- Standard 7” composite LCD or optional 7” HD/Composite LCD available
- No tools adjustable knurled gimbal handle with ergonomic handle
- Standard Steadicam TANGO compatibility.