Zacuto Horizontal Zwiss Plate v2
The Zacuto Horizontal Zwiss Plate V2 is an accessory mounting cheese plate that mounts to LWS 15mm rods.
Featuring a standard Zwiss Plate V2, the Horizontal Zwiss Plate V2 adds a Zacuto MiniMount for horizontal mounting on your 15mm rod system. This keeps the camera-profile low, making it more suited for tripod use.
Designed to make adding accessories simple, easy and secure, the Horizontal Zwiss Plate V2 features 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded mounting holes and pre-labeled mounting holes for a variety of available battery plates, on board recorders and wireless systems. There are two mounting holes on each side of the plate that are designed for use with the Zacuto Wireless Plate Pro. The Horizontal Zwiss Plate V2 is machined from a single piece of aluminum for strength and stability.
The Horizontal Zwiss Plate V2 incorporates four 15mm rod clamps, two sets of two clamps with 60 mm spacing, one set at each end. This allows you to add rods, articulating arms, or other accessories as needed. The rod clamps feature spring-loaded ratcheting levers so they can be tightened or loosened even if they are unable to rotate a full 360°.
The included Zacuto MiniMount can be attached in the center of the plate, or at either end, using the two provided allen screws. Additionally, the MiniMount can be placed on either side of the plate, allowing you to mount accessories on top of or below your rods. You can also choose to mount the plate vertically using the rods attachments on the Zwiss Plate V2, freeing up both sides of the plate for accessories.
- Securely attach the Zwiss Plate V2 horizontally to a 15mm LWS rod system using the included MiniMount, or mount it vertically using the one of the two 15mm rod clamps on the Zwiss Plate V2 itself. Once attached you can attach accessories to the plate, and have them mounted close to the camera, avoiding long cable runs and minimizing the risk of snagging a cable. This is well suited for adding an on board battery of your choice to a camera that doesn't have a battery mount.
- The plate is pre-drilled and tapped for a wide variety of accessories. Mounting holes are pre-labeled with either the thread size or the name of the accessory the hole is designed to be used with. Screws are provided for most of those available accessories. The pre-labeling means you don't have to spend precious time trying to figure out which screw holes to use with which accessory, and the included screws ensure a proper fit.
- The Horizontal Zwiss V2 plate is machined from a single piece of metal, with four 15mm rod clamps incorporated into the design. This makes the clamps extremely strong and they won't shift or become loose. The locking levers are spring loaded ratcheting type, so even if you can't rotate the levers a full 360 degrees, you can fully tighten or loosen each clamp.
The plate is drilled, tapped and labeled for the following accessories:
- A Zacuto Wireless Plate
- AJA Ki Pro Mini or Ki Pro Quad Recorder
- Codex On-board S 4K Recorder
- Vect V-Mount Battery Plate
- Anton Bauer QRC Digital Battery Plate
- Switronix IDX V-Mount Battery Plate
- Anton Bauer QR&QRC Gold Battery Plate
The plate features additional 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded mounting holes that you can mount additional accessories to. You can also mount additional 15mm rods or available Zacuto Zamerican arms to the plate.
- Mounts to 15mm Light Weight Support Rods
- MiniMount for Horizontal Mounting
- 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 Mounting Holes
- Pre-Labeled Accessory Mounting Holes
- Side Mounting Holes for Zacuto Wireless
- Machined from Solid Aluminum
- Four 15mm Rod Clamps
- Spring Loaded Ratcheting Levers