Standard Limited Warranty
Sony warrants that the Equipment shall be free from defects in materials or workmanship during the Warranty Period (defined below).
Subject to the exclusions detailed below, if the Equipment fails to conform to this Warranty and the purchaser notifies Sony in writing within the Warranty Period, Sony shall, without charge for labour or parts, (in its sole discretion), repair or replace the Equipment on the terms and conditions set out below.
Where Sony choose to replace the Equipment, and new Equipment of the relevant model is not available Sony may replace the Equipment with a refurbished version of that model. In the event that neither new nor a refurbished model is available, Sony will use its reasonable endeavours to supply a like for like replacement, at Sony’s discretion, and where such like for like replacement is not available Sony shall supply a suitable alternative replacement.
Where Sony chooses to repair the Equipment Sony requires the purchaser to return the same to Sony at the purchaser’s expense.
The warranty period is one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original end-user customer, unless:
- An exceptional warranty period applying to the Equipment or a component part thereof is published on the Sony website;
- The Equipment has been repaired or replaced under warranty, in which case the warranty applies until the end of the original warranty period, or six (6) months from the date of such repair or replacement, whichever is longer;
- The equipment is software, in which case Sony will warrant the media on which any software is delivered for ninety (90) days from the date of original purchase by an end-user customer*; or
- The Equipment is B-Graded product in which case the warranty period is ninety (90) days from the date of original purchase by an end-user customer.
- *All software is provided ‘as is’ unless expressly stated in the accompanying documentation. Customers are advised to make back-up copies of all software and/or data sent to or accompanying products sent to Sony. Sony is not responsible for any damage to or loss of any programs, data or other information stored on any media or any part of the Equipment which may be returned for service under this warranty.
Warranty claims and validation
The purchaser presenting to Sony (either via the properly authorised Sony dealer from whom the product was purchased or by contacting Sony directly at the address stated below) the original sales invoice (indicating the date of purchase by the original end-user customer, serial number and the original dealer’s name) together with the defective Equipment within the Warranty Period; and Inspection by Sony (or its authorised service agent) disclosing to the satisfaction of Sony that:
- The defect in the Equipment has arisen from defects in workmanship or materials during the Warranty Period
- None of the exclusions apply
The following are excluded from warranty:
- Damage caused by:
- Acts of God or any reason beyond Sony’s reasonable control
- Misuse, including (but not limited to) failure to use the equipment for its normal purpose in accordance with Sony’s instructions on its proper use and maintenance
- Improper operation or maintenance of the equipment
- Connection to improper power supply
- Attempted repair by anyone other than a properly Sony authorised service agent
- Use of the equipment in conjunction with third party accessories, products or ancillary peripheral equipment
- Equipment where the manufacturer’s serial number has been altered, deleted, removed, or made illegible
- Equipment which has been adjusted or adapted without Sony’s prior written consent, including (but not limited to): upgrading the equipment beyond specifications or features described in the instruction manual, or modifications to the equipment to conform it to national or local technical or safety standards in countries other than those for which the equipment was specifically designed and manufactured
- Consumable parts
- Normal wear and tear of parts, as defined by Sony for example in service manuals, unless there is evidence of a manufacturing defect
- Damage or loss to any software programs, data, or removable storage media Costs associated with de-installation, re-installation or integration into a system
- Any additional exclusions which may apply to specific products or product types the details of which is published on the Sony website
- Additional Exclusions: Lamp warranty Terms & Conditions
Your investment, Protected.
What is PrimeSupport?
PrimeSupport is the enhanced support service dedicated to European business customers of Sony Professional products. With loan units, fast-track repairs and on-site engineer visits, there’s something for everyone.
Above & beyond your warranty
PrimeSupport provides enhanced support services, in addition to the basic terms provided under the standard manufacturer’s warranty.
For professionals, by professionals
Our engineers have decades of experience in working with Sony products – so you’re in good hands.
With services tailored to you
PrimeSupport is available at 4 different tiers, with over 30 unique services on offer.
Register for PrimeSupport
Get immediate access to PrimeSupport Pro, our standard service that’s perfect for everyone. With 14-day repairs and expert multilingual support, we’ll be on-hand to keep you going – all for no extra cost.
Our enhanced service with premium features. Benefits can include:
- Extended helpdesk hours
- Access to product specialists
- Fast-track repairs and loan units
Support tailored to every requirement, aimed at high-value account customers. Benefits can include:
- 24/7 helpdesk hours
- Guaranteed 60-minute engineer call-back
- Guaranteed fast-track repairs
Free from contracts, these services are perfect for ad-hoc issues or requests. Services can include:
Already covered? Contact Sony's helpdesk.
Want to Know More? Visit FAQs.